Football WC 2014 - Brasil

Spam and Stuff not related to eRep.
MrManiac
Awesome Poster

Football WC 2014 - Brasil

Post by MrManiac » 27 Apr 2014 10:40

let´s start a thread even though Norway does not take part :)

Who´ s gonna win?

I´d say Brasil beating Spain in the final

Red Beard
Honorable Poster

Re: Football WC 2014 - Brasil

Post by Red Beard » 28 Apr 2014 04:53

I'll be pulling for Honduras because my girlfriend is Honduran. I think a team with an outside shot of winning it is Uruguay (my favorite team) and I think Germany will actually win in the final against either Spain or Netherlands.

MrManiac
Awesome Poster

Post by MrManiac » 28 Apr 2014 12:36

if only germany had their full squad - but with all these injuries i can´t see them winning.

basically all strikers are injured for example

@Honduras as France will not survive the group stage again ( :twisted: ) the actually have a good chance of making it to the knoch-out stage :D

uruguay has a really tough group - england and italy and them. probably 3 quarter final teams but at least one has to go home after 3 games.

M. de Ruyter
Awesome Poster

Post by M. de Ruyter » 29 Apr 2014 16:19

Brasil wil win for sure. They are the ones who payed for organising this, and a lot of interests are at stake, so there can't be any other winner. :P Still, let's hope we'll see some decent football!

MrManiac
Awesome Poster

Post by MrManiac » 29 Apr 2014 17:10

no chance for the dutch?

kb1992
Steady Poster

Post by kb1992 » 29 Apr 2014 17:45

van Spijck +1

Normally I would say Germany, but their situation isn't clear for now, as MrManiac wrote.

And what do you think about Argentina? Belgium as a "dark horse"?

The Dutch have many new, unexperienced in tournaments players. Furthermore there is a high probability that after the group stage they will play with Brazil :D

MrManiac
Awesome Poster

Post by MrManiac » 30 Apr 2014 16:04

btw: tickets for the final cost 4-30k euro at the moment :shock:

Red Beard
Honorable Poster

Post by Red Beard » 02 May 2014 15:25

I think Argentina can possibly win it IF Messi shows up. He never really shows up with goals and pushes his team through. I still say Uruguay has a chance to be the dark horse just because they typically show up well in big-stage tourneys. Cavani, Suarez, and Forlan (if he's still playing international) is an amazing attack.

MrManiac
Awesome Poster

Post by MrManiac » 03 May 2014 13:26

they have been quite successful the last few WCs but not sure what i should think of them this time

btw: the spanish have really gotten old, especially casillas:

:mrgreen:

MrManiac
Awesome Poster

Post by MrManiac » 09 May 2014 21:32

a few of the squads:

Germany, they will sort out another 7 players:

Goalkeepers(3): Manuel Neuer (FC Bayern München), Roman Weidenfeller (Borussia Dortmund), Ron-Robert Zieler (Hannover 96)

Defence(11): Jérôme Boateng, Philipp Lahm (FC Bayern München), Erik Durm, Kevin Großkreutz, Mats Hummels, Marcel Schmelzer (Borussia Dortmund), Matthias Ginter (SC Freiburg), Benedikt Höwedes (Schalke 04), Marcell Jansen (Hamburger SV), Per Mertesacker (FC Arsenal), Shkodran Mustafi (Sampdoria Genua)

Midfield (14): Lars Bender (Bayer Leverkusen), Julian Draxler, Leon Goretzka, Max Meyer (Schalke 04), Mario Götze, Toni Kroos, Thomas Müller, Bastian Schweinsteiger (FC Bayern München), André Hahn (FC Augsburg), Sami Khedira (Real Madrid), Mesut Özil, Lukas Podolski ( FC Arsenal), Marco Reus (Borussia Dortmund), André Schürrle (FC Chelsea)

Strikers(2): Miroslav Klose (Lazio Rom), Kevin Volland (1899 Hoffenheim)

i have to admit i had to google a few names :D

no gomez though, sucks for him - and only two strikers???
Last edited by MrManiac on 09 May 2014 21:36, edited 3 times in total.

MrManiac
Awesome Poster

Post by MrManiac » 09 May 2014 21:34

Goalkeepers: Julio Cesar (Toronto FC/Kanada), Jefferson (Botafogo FR/Brasilien), Victor (Atlético Mineiro/Brasilien).

Defence: Daniel Alves (FC Barcelona/Spanien), Maicon (AS Rom/Italien), Marcelo (Real Madrid/Spanien), Maxwell (Paris St. Germain/Frankreich), Dante (Bayern München), David Luiz (FC Chelsea/England), Henrique (SSC Neapel/Italien), Thiago Silva (Paris St. Germain/Frankreich).

Midfield: Fernandinho (Manchester City/England), Hernanes (Inter Mailand/Italien), Luiz Gustavo (VfL Wolfsburg), Oscar (FC Chelsea/England), Paulinho (Tottenham Hotspur/England), Ramires (FC Chelsea/England), Willian (FC Chelsea/England).

Strikers: Bernard (Schachtjor Donetsk/Ukraine), Fred (Fluminense FC/Brasilien), Hulk (Zenit St. Petersburg/Russland) Jô (Atlético Mineiro/Brasilien), Neymar (FC Barcelona/Spanien).

no Kaka, no Robinho, no Ronaldinho, no glamor :(

bATRA
Awesome Poster

Post by bATRA » 12 May 2014 21:54

I hope Japan will win and i think Germany will win :)
Former CP, SC of Asgard, MC of EDEN, MoFA, MoD, MoI, MoE and PP of TeK.
Proud member of TeK!

Profile: http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/2884614
IRC: bATRA
Rizon: bATRA

MrManiac
Awesome Poster

Post by MrManiac » 13 May 2014 15:02

japan? why that? japan-fan like bloodtrail? :D

or because you like underdogs?

bATRA
Awesome Poster

Post by bATRA » 24 May 2014 10:09

I like underdogs and they got a really good team! They played very good last year and i think it will go great for them :)
Former CP, SC of Asgard, MC of EDEN, MoFA, MoD, MoI, MoE and PP of TeK.
Proud member of TeK!

Profile: http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/2884614
IRC: bATRA
Rizon: bATRA

M. de Ruyter
Awesome Poster

Post by M. de Ruyter » 27 May 2014 17:26

MrManiac wrote:no chance for the dutch?
tbh I haven't even seen the poules, but normally they'd get far. But sadly it seldom is the sportive qualities that make a team win, but the economical interests that are at stake. In other words, a lot gets "fixed", as you can have seen in finals that NL played. FIFA is one of the most corrupt organisations in the world, just look at Quatar 2022. Literally hundreds of construction workers have already died building the stadiums for that, as it is just to bloody hot in that country. As you know the Wold Cup always playes in Summer, so you can depend on the death of at least dozens of supporters as well. It's all about the money. :(

sthanheykel
Horrible Poster

Post by sthanheykel » 18 Jun 2014 14:37

van Spijck wrote:
tbh I haven't even seen the poules, but normally they'd get far. But sadly it seldom is the sportive qualities that make a team win, but the economical interests that are at stake. In other words, a lot gets "fixed", as you can have seen in finals that NL played. FIFA is one of the most corrupt organisations in the world, just look at Quatar 2022. Literally hundreds of construction workers have already died building the stadiums for that, as it is just to bloody hot in that country. As you know the Wold Cup always playes in Summer, so you can depend on the death of at least dozens of supporters as well. It's all about the money. :(
Brazil is on the Southern Hemisphere, so it's technically Winter there, but it won't make much difference when the matches are played in cities close to the Equator line. Anyway, politickings or not, this WC is being amazing IMO and I think the dutch have a fair chance.

MrManiac
Awesome Poster

Post by MrManiac » 19 Jun 2014 14:26

Spain out... i kind of feel... schadenfreude :D

M. de Ruyter
Awesome Poster

Post by M. de Ruyter » 20 Jun 2014 23:36

sthanheykel wrote:
van Spijck wrote:
Brazil is on the Southern Hemisphere, so it's technically Winter there, but it won't make much difference when the matches are played in cities close to the Equator line. Anyway, politickings or not, this WC is being amazing IMO and I think the dutch have a fair chance.
Seems we do, but then at 2nd place, at best. ;) France did amazing tonight vs the Swiss.^^ And yes, the Spaniards were to old, and have to start packing their bags now. XD

MrManiac
Awesome Poster

Post by MrManiac » 25 Jun 2014 01:45

great game :D

edit: maybe i shouldnt post it here - too many under-18-people ^^