Bringing Back the Dead

Everything related to eNorway that does not fit anywhere else.
Joshua Morriseau
Epic Poster

Bringing Back the Dead

Post by Joshua Morriseau » 08 Jun 2015 05:38

Hey guys,

Posting this here rather than in game to bring a little life back to the forums, I wonder how many will see this :)

A while back taulen suggested that we send out a message to all the dead accounts that we have on our forums which was a great idea but I forget why it never really happened. We would write out the same thing in both Norwegian and English and it would go to their email accounts that was placed with their accounts here on the forums.

I used to live in ePakistan, well it was only a month or so but Ive gotten the same kind of messages from them over time and they always put in cool graphics and patriotic messages.

I think this would be for the MoI to handle? But we would also need someone to translate it for both languages.

Founder of the NGP
6x President of Norway
Norwegian Green Party

judgen
Horrible Poster

Re: Bringing Back the Dead

Post by judgen » 08 Jun 2015 09:58

ePakistan got a lot duller after the dioism focus died off in the country. Today the climate feels a lot more like the hopelessness of the eEgyptians, constantly under siege.

That said, ePakistan was an incredibly fun country and masters of trolling the other countries during the "great era of dioism" as lords of the sands. Today it is easily surpassed in humour and imagery by Hungary, but the Magyar language does not lend itself well to translation, also many of their styles are parodies of earlier IRL works and acts so it often does not make sense without the context of which it is in.

I too would see a lively forum, but the usage of erep itself for discussions of on topic discussion is preferable as it has the advantage of notifications within the game itself, making it much easier to follow a thread and have a group conversation in my view.
Swedish Sami, founder of NorrlandsBrigaden (NB, MU-SWE), LiberalVikings (LV, PP-SWE) and former royal commander of HAVOC (HV, MU-RO) General secretary of state (SWE), and party secretary of PutinDemocrats (PD, PP-SWE)

KristofferAG
Epic Poster

Post by KristofferAG » 08 Jun 2015 11:56

Yeah I've gotten a message like that from my time in eCanada. It's not a bad idea as long as it's not sent out too often, and has a nice, clear message going with it.
Never back for good.
Teknokratene, alltid.

2-Click

taulen
Administrator

Post by taulen » 09 Jun 2015 22:18

Terrible archiving ingame, nothing preserved for the future.

Joshua Morriseau
Epic Poster

Post by Joshua Morriseau » 10 Jun 2015 03:45

taulen can you merge the two topics? i accidentally made two of them and kristoffer commented in the other one so there already split

Founder of the NGP
6x President of Norway
Norwegian Green Party

taulen
Administrator

Post by taulen » 10 Jun 2015 11:03

Done

Joshua Morriseau
Epic Poster

Post by Joshua Morriseau » 10 Jun 2015 21:18

taulen wrote:Done
Thanks! That was your 1000th post! :D

Founder of the NGP
6x President of Norway
Norwegian Green Party

M. de Ruyter
Awesome Poster

Post by M. de Ruyter » 12 Jun 2015 02:28

Whow, congratulations taulen! :)

Who has access to these rl email adresses we're talking about? Only taulen the admin I imagine. Perhaps he could cooperate with the MoI (who doesn't speak/write Norwegian) and make this happen?

Joshua Morriseau
Epic Poster

Post by Joshua Morriseau » 13 Jun 2015 21:19

M. de Ruyter wrote:Whow, congratulations taulen! :)

Who has access to these rl email adresses we're talking about? Only taulen the admin I imagine. Perhaps he could cooperate with the MoI (who doesn't speak/write Norwegian) and make this happen?
Yes I think taulen might have access. I could help with the writing part, correcting Xibbards english then hopefully we can have someone translate to Norwegian.

Founder of the NGP
6x President of Norway
Norwegian Green Party

taulen
Administrator

Post by taulen » 14 Jun 2015 09:41

Yup, I can do that. Just give me the text to send :)

Edit: and thousand and one something ! Woho thanks guys.

Zinitus
Honorable Poster

Post by Zinitus » 14 Jun 2015 16:55

Perhaps also ask the question, why "they died" (why they lost their interest)? If we could get some feedbacks of the reasons, it could be made some efforts to get the forums more interested "for the dead People" and ideas to get the forums better!

M. de Ruyter
Awesome Poster

Post by M. de Ruyter » 15 Jun 2015 17:51

Maybe something like this for a text?

"Hello old member of the eNorwegian society. We could really use your help at the moment, so we hope you will consider returning."

Hopefully someone else is better at this! :)

taulen
Administrator

Post by taulen » 15 Jun 2015 18:33

In my opinion, we should also have ready some lightweight tutorials, so its easy to get "upto date" on how the game works, and how to get started again, its when I suggested this the plan stopped last time.

Joshua Morriseau
Epic Poster

Post by Joshua Morriseau » 17 Jun 2015 01:27

Those are good ideas taulen & Zinitus.

Tutorials like the ones we have in "The School" already?

Founder of the NGP
6x President of Norway
Norwegian Green Party

taulen
Administrator

Post by taulen » 18 Jun 2015 00:49

Somerhing like that, but make sure they are readily available, maybe both in the email we send, as links, and easy to find in the news and so forth, and make sure they are upto date, havent looked at them in awhile to be honest.

Joshua Morriseau
Epic Poster

Post by Joshua Morriseau » 21 Jun 2015 03:34

Yea we could do links for the email, good idea. Would be nice to make it look like a nice clean professional email with some good graphics to.

Founder of the NGP
6x President of Norway
Norwegian Green Party

M. de Ruyter
Awesome Poster

Post by M. de Ruyter » 23 Jun 2015 18:31

Sounds like a task for our MoE Faloo88. I'll send him the link of this tread.

Edit: I just received word that our minister of education is found dead in his quarters. What the heck hs happened?
http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/8613212

Joshua Morriseau
Epic Poster

Post by Joshua Morriseau » 23 Jun 2015 20:23

M. de Ruyter wrote:Sounds like a task for our MoE Faloo88. I'll send him the link of this tread.

Edit: I just received word that our minister of education is found dead in his quarters. What the heck hs happened?
http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/8613212
Thats sad... :(

This is why we need to do this very topic. How do we get the ball rolling on this then? taulen?

Founder of the NGP
6x President of Norway
Norwegian Green Party

taulen
Administrator

Post by taulen » 23 Jun 2015 20:54

I need the text (and graphics), someone with better english vocabulary needs to write it. Almost just a press of the button is what I have to do.
But whom the right person to write something fancy, and make it look good, I dont know, and atm Im on vacation for another two weeks, so not that active right now.

Joshua Morriseau
Epic Poster

Post by Joshua Morriseau » 25 Jun 2015 01:24

OK, I can play around with something probably next week, as Im going to be moving again soon and the landlord was a bit weird on not answering if the place came with internet or not so I dont even know if I will have it.

I was thinking maybe like a "Calling all Vikings" kind of theme maybe? for graphics and what not perhaps.

Founder of the NGP
6x President of Norway
Norwegian Green Party