Boosting Our Population

Everything related to eNorway that does not fit anywhere else.
Joshua Morriseau
Epic Poster

Boosting Our Population

Post by Joshua Morriseau » 01 Aug 2013 20:04

So right now in terms of population we rank 69 out of 70 nations above only Singapore. Even North Korea ranks 4 places well ahead of us with about 65+ more citizens than we have and they have been erased from the map for at least 6+ months. We need to come up with someway to start advertising immigration to Norway. It is only going to help us and Asgard in the long run.

So I was thinking that perhaps one idea we could test out would be to make a really nice and attractive article from the MoI on why people should move here and advertise our community. Now obviously this wouldn't have a lot of effect if only the people already in Norway had seen it so that is why we could use the voters club to make our article the #1 article in the world. With this we would get some recognition internationally and people would see it and consider us for their new homes. Now I know money is also an issue at the moment so if some people would be willing (such as myself) we could donate the money needed to buy the votes from the voters club.

If anyone else has any other ideas please post them so we can discuss, lets boost our population! :D

Founder of the NGP
6x President of Norway
Norwegian Green Party

Per Jostein
Honorable Poster

Re: Boosting Our Population

Post by Per Jostein » 01 Aug 2013 22:14

I was thinking about the following:

Creating a Ministry of Social Affairs. It would give incentives to those who invite friends to join in erepublik, of course for being Norwegians. We could stabilish goals and reward the ones who get an amount of friends and make them reach level 23 or 25, for example. The Minister would have the control of the invited friends and their development, in contact with Ministry of Citizen Integration (the Mentor Program), if it is the case. We could donate money to this ministry for awards, and I believe people would be more interested on inviting friends, maybe. what do you think?

*About voters club, it is also a possibility. But you need to keep in mind that an article like this would attract A LOT of medal hunters.
Per Jostein

Ex CP, vCP, MoFA and MoI.

Joshua Morriseau
Epic Poster

Post by Joshua Morriseau » 02 Aug 2013 01:50

Per Jostein wrote:I was thinking about the following:

Creating a Ministry of Social Affairs. It would give incentives to those who invite friends to join in erepublik, of course for being Norwegians. We could stabilish goals and reward the ones who get an amount of friends and make them reach level 23 or 25, for example. The Minister would have the control of the invited friends and their development, in contact with Ministry of Citizen Integration (the Mentor Program), if it is the case. We could donate money to this ministry for awards, and I believe people would be more interested on inviting friends, maybe. what do you think?

*About voters club, it is also a possibility. But you need to keep in mind that an article like this would attract A LOT of medal hunters.
I like the idea, but we just have to make sure there is no multies going on for extra prizes. We really do need something though.

Founder of the NGP
6x President of Norway
Norwegian Green Party

KanameDarkwind
Honorable Poster

Post by KanameDarkwind » 02 Aug 2013 02:41

Adapt the Ministry of Fun and Games towards this goal.

"The Ministry of Player Addition and Retention" seems an apt title for what we have in mind.

Goals:
1. Recruit new players
2. Retain new players
3. Get players involved heavily in Norwegian affairs
4. Establish and maintain a high level of nationalism among players to prevent anyone from leaving permanently and encouraging them to work for the good of the country

Basically, a ministry of propaganda like the NKVD that shot their own Russian soldiers that tried to desert during WWII. Harsh but incredibly effective. I'm joking, but this ministry should have a power equivalent to that. We need a group given the tools they need and the drive to improve Norway by any means necessary.

Joshua Morriseau
Epic Poster

Post by Joshua Morriseau » 02 Aug 2013 07:09

KanameDarkwind wrote:

Adapt the Ministry of Fun and Games towards this goal.

"The Ministry of Player Addition and Retention" seems an apt title for what we have in mind.

Goals:
1. Recruit new players
2. Retain new players
3. Get players involved heavily in Norwegian affairs
4. Establish and maintain a high level of nationalism among players to prevent anyone from leaving permanently and encouraging them to work for the good of the country

Basically, a ministry of propaganda like the NKVD that shot their own Russian soldiers that tried to desert during WWII. Harsh but incredibly effective. I'm joking, but this ministry should have a power equivalent to that. We need a group given the tools they need and the drive to improve Norway by any means necessary.
Hmm It could work. They would obviously need a bit of a budget to work with. I seen today that one of the candidates running for CP of the Netherlands is using ideas in his campaign such as organizing a "Blitz" (doing a certain amount of damage for different levels of players) and they will receive prizes. Or use a rocket against an enemy and receive a prize. Or what he calls "happy hours" when you have to be on at certain times to get certain things. And planning to release quizzes which they already do but its about the nation so the Norway wiki would be needed. All good ideas we could take and adapt to our own really and hopefully add more.

Founder of the NGP
6x President of Norway
Norwegian Green Party

KanameDarkwind
Honorable Poster

Post by KanameDarkwind » 02 Aug 2013 09:23

Ideas for recruitment need to be thought up before ideas regarding retention.

Recruitment planning
Retention planning
Retention implementation
Recruitment implementation

That's the order that makes sense to me, at least.

Joshua Morriseau
Epic Poster

Post by Joshua Morriseau » 03 Aug 2013 05:07

KanameDarkwind wrote:Ideas for recruitment need to be thought up before ideas regarding retention.

Recruitment planning
Retention planning
Retention implementation

I would agree. I would say that what makes the most sense to me personally would be to post on RL Norwegian forums and games and try to attract players that way.

Founder of the NGP
6x President of Norway
Norwegian Green Party

Per Jostein
Honorable Poster

Post by Per Jostein » 03 Aug 2013 16:16

Joshua Morriseau wrote:
KanameDarkwind wrote:Ideas for recruitment need to be thought up before ideas regarding retention.

Recruitment planning
Retention planning
Retention implementation

I would agree. I would say that what makes the most sense to me personally would be to post on RL Norwegian forums and games and try to attract players that way.
I tried it once in the Ministry of Immigration with Stakerauo, back in 2011 (he was the minister). We made a lot of propaganda in foruns, but it was not so effective as we expected :/
Per Jostein

Ex CP, vCP, MoFA and MoI.