Party History's

Everything related to eNorway that does not fit anywhere else.
Joshua Morriseau
Epic Poster

Party History's

Post by Joshua Morriseau » 20 Jun 2013 00:57

Hey, I'm just wondering if anywhere there is a brief history about the parties or what they stand for? I don't think I will join a party for a little while but just want to make an informed decision.

Founder of the NGP
6x President of Norway
Norwegian Green Party

Stakerauo
Epic Poster

Re: Party History's

Post by Stakerauo » 20 Jun 2013 21:47

They don't really stand for anything. The party politics are dead in Norway because of the lack of issues eRep has to offer, and because we're too small and powerless to fight over bagatelles. And if we do we'd probably just get PTO'd. On a more positive side of the story, eNorwegians are the most skilled and experianced ATO'ers in the New World due to the constant attacks.
I only regret that I have but one life to give for my country.

Stakerauo
Epic Poster

Post by Stakerauo » 20 Jun 2013 21:49

There is Akashaton´s part though. Nye Norge or Free Liberty which I think is populistic. If it is, it's the only party in eNorway which has an agenda besides mutual cooperation and unity.

Joshua Morriseau
Epic Poster

Post by Joshua Morriseau » 21 Jun 2013 00:21

Thanks guys for the reply's, well hopefully we can get things a little more active in the future. And from what I've seen Free Liberty looks the most active so I think I will probably join them. :)

Founder of the NGP
6x President of Norway
Norwegian Green Party

Stakerauo
Epic Poster

Post by Stakerauo » 21 Jun 2013 01:36

Not really, but as I said, it's a populist party so Akashaton will from time to time post an article explaining that he'll do a lot of stuff which sounds nice, though he never exlplains how he'll make it possible. My guess is that Free Liberty is as dead as all other parties, but they'll post unnecercary articles before every election to appeal to new ignorant players.

Joshua Morriseau
Epic Poster

Post by Joshua Morriseau » 21 Jun 2013 09:54

Stakerauo wrote:Not really, but as I said, it's a populist party so Akashaton will from time to time post an article explaining that he'll do a lot of stuff which sounds nice, though he never exlplains how he'll make it possible. My guess is that Free Liberty is as dead as all other parties, but they'll post unnecercary articles before every election to appeal to new ignorant players.
Well from what I have seen so far they are the only party to post an article or have a party section on the forums.

Founder of the NGP
6x President of Norway
Norwegian Green Party

Stakerauo
Epic Poster

Post by Stakerauo » 21 Jun 2013 14:30

Teknokratene and The Party do too, but they're not public. Anyway, the party politics are dead so I don't really care what happens to you concerning parties as long as you find a place you're comfortable with.

Stakerauo
Epic Poster

Post by Stakerauo » 21 Jun 2013 14:31

By that I mean, do whatever you want! Hehe ^^

Wilpanzer1
Steady Poster

Post by Wilpanzer1 » 21 Jun 2013 15:47

It seems that Free Liberty is putting in more effort, BUT party news isn't everything. If you look at FL's party leadership it has been the same for months. I suspect party politics isn't completely dead though, it just remains inactive until times of elections.

Stakerauo
Epic Poster

Post by Stakerauo » 21 Jun 2013 19:37

Depend what you concider dead. The parties don't have any agendas, they just post articles to collect votes before elections. They don't mean what they write in the articles, and they aren't really well written either. I've never read an article talking about how they'll make their plans work with the budget, market, diplomacy, millitary ect ect. The PPs are mostly just power-hungry bullshitters.

Joshua Morriseau
Epic Poster

Post by Joshua Morriseau » 21 Jun 2013 21:26

Stakerauo wrote:Depend what you concider dead. The parties don't have any agendas, they just post articles to collect votes before elections. They don't mean what they write in the articles, and they aren't really well written either. I've never read an article talking about how they'll make their plans work with the budget, market, diplomacy, millitary ect ect. The PPs are mostly just power-hungry bullshitters.
Sounds like politics ;)

Hopefully the party's get more active in the future.

Founder of the NGP
6x President of Norway
Norwegian Green Party

Akashaton
Epic Poster

Post by Akashaton » 22 Jun 2013 12:43

The only thing Stakerauo is right about is that the party politics are all but dead.
I'm making an effort to revive it from now to then thou. :D
Current MoF, PP Free Liberty
Former 4xCP, MoFA, MoD, CoC

Free Liberty:http://tinyurl.com/Free-Liberty-Party
Commander of LoL
http://tinyurl.com/MU-L-o-Loki
and 25.xCongrss Member
Profile:http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/3958331

taulen
Administrator

Post by taulen » 22 Jun 2013 14:16

No, you're not. You're a power-hungry bullshitter. I've never seen any real work done by you.

Akashaton
Epic Poster

Post by Akashaton » 23 Jun 2013 21:57

That's the true bullshit taulen :!:

Commander of LoL
and 25.xCongrss Member

Joshua Morriseau
Epic Poster

Post by Joshua Morriseau » 24 Jun 2013 05:49

taulen wrote:No, you're not. You're a power-hungry bullshitter. I've never seen any real work done by you.
Why are you so negative about everything? Power hungry to me is rejecting citizen involvement in the government decision making which you seem to be clearly against.

Founder of the NGP
6x President of Norway
Norwegian Green Party

Akashaton
Epic Poster

Post by Akashaton » 24 Jun 2013 13:25

Joshua Morriseau wrote:
taulen wrote:No, you're not. You're a power-hungry bullshitter. I've never seen any real work done by you.
Why are you so negative about everything? Power hungry to me is rejecting citizen involvement in the government decision making which you seem to be clearly against.
+1 :D

Commander of LoL
and 25.xCongrss Member

taulen
Administrator

Post by taulen » 24 Jun 2013 14:50

Yeah, power hungry, the guy that left all his offical posts as minsters, congress and other commanding posts... Makes sense :D

Stakerauo
Epic Poster

Post by Stakerauo » 24 Jun 2013 17:10

I'm with Taulen in this matter. Akashaton plays for elections, titles and oppertunities and not for Norway as a community, which makes him something in the direction of a "power-hungry bullshiter"

Wilpanzer1
Steady Poster

Post by Wilpanzer1 » 24 Jun 2013 18:23

Akashaton: whether it's true or not, don't fool yourself, in a small country like this there's more responsibility and ugly truths to be had than power.

I'm getting to learn Norway, but by far it has surprised me with its hospitality. I am a RL South African who has played for eSA for a long time, the eSouth Africans have showed very little appreciation for my efforts(any ambitious person), though I see that there are people here genuinely trying to listen, trying to improve and trying to win. In my book that's the best place to start over.

In my country there's a saying:"Go alone and you'll go fast, go together and you'll go far."
Perhaps that will be my personal motto throughout my stay in eNorway. I see golden opportunities, but not at the top, but at the bottom. If one really wants to make a difference you have to get some excitement going. Forum games, discussions, low-key government positions, some revival in the military and media activity.