damien / bob turkee is not to be trusted

Everything related to eNorway that does not fit anywhere else.
skaue
Administrator

damien / bob turkee is not to be trusted

Post by skaue » 02 May 2013 22:55

I gave him time to step forward and do the honorable thing, but I guess the tactic is to stay hidden/low.

I've said my peace here:
http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/2254831/
For years now, we have fought against one PTO attempt after another. For years, we have made sure only trusted players had access to critical assets. For years, we've worked as a community of players in this social online game.

April 2013, a veteran player in the Norwegian community had the support of our players and won the president election - well deserved. Bob Turkee has been an oldtimer and veteran in this game for years now. Even though he spent a lot of time outside of Norway, he has been returning back once in a while. Supporting him in a president election seemed natural. Personally, I saw no reason to not trust the guy.

And then he figured it was time to show his true intention, his soul and true face. First he tried to move 10G from the national org, which he as president can get access to by the hands of admins. He however had access through the Minister of Finance, who saw no reason not to trust him. Given the 10G per day limitation, the transaction was clearly not enough. Bob then transferred 1.000.000 NOK (around 4500G) to his account. It was discovered by the next day, as we keep records on all transactions - for years. After all, the ones who have been holding the bank, and the presidents for the last periods have all been loyal and trustworthy.

At first, we did not know what to think. Did Bob Turkee (aka Damien Alexander) actually backstab us? We tried to send messages, ingame, on the forum, at Facebook, but no response. Apparently, he was afk - gone, or whatever. But a few days later he dropped by the forum and clearly started to play again. Perhaps he thought it would be all forgotten. It's not - nor is it forgiven. You backstabbed us, and stole from the Norwegian eRepublik community. And this from a guy who apparently is all for World Peace, Amnesty International and fight against injustice?

The only reason I can think of is selfishness. Sure, this is a game, and if you want to be big, strong and rich, you can always get there by playing for yourself. Ignore the social dimension, embrace yourself and ignore others - if it destroys what others have built, who cares, right?
But given this players real life and real life interests, you may wonder if he plays this game mostly to have some place where he can be the exact opposite of what he tries to achieve in real life.

How can we be sure it was Bob Turkee who stole 1 mill NOK? Well, obviously we don't have proof. The only ones who can prove it does not want to tell anything (read: admins). Think and feel what you want about that, but if you want to get stinking rich - become president and transfer all the currency out of the orgs before you get impeached. Also, be prepared to cut ties with any previous eFriends. Not sure why he decided to just steal 1 mill and leave half a mill. Was there a tiny hint of consciousness in his soul?

I can't expose his real name in this article, but we share it among the Norwegian players. It is a real shame - a disgraceful, dishonorable and disloyal act, and I simply don't understand the selfishness. Then again, this game will have givers and takers, just like real life.

A loyal eNorwegian and former 6x President of Norway,
Tommy (aka Cherub) Skaue
As far as I can recall, this is the only trusted Norwegian player who actually turned on us and backstabbed us like this. Stealing 1 mill NOK (around 4.5k Gold) from our bank is severe. More severe than any of any previous acts that in hindsight might have seemed irrational and less thought through. This is a deliberate theft from the Norwegian eRepublik community.

Having said that, I don't want to encourage stalking people in real life, so I will only reveal his true identity to those who wants to know, knowing you will not use the information for personal vendetta. After all, this is a game. If he wants to put on an act and play selfish, it is only fair that we don't trust him ever again. We are obligated to make sure none of our friends and allies trust him either.

Tommy Skaue
IRC: cherub
History: Country President - Government - Party President - Congress

Akashaton
Epic Poster

Re: damien / bob turkee is not to be trusted

Post by Akashaton » 03 May 2013 14:16

I'm not going to Sørlandet, to stalk him but I like to know his true identity :!: :x
Current MoF, PP Free Liberty
Former 4xCP, MoFA, MoD, CoC

Free Liberty:http://tinyurl.com/Free-Liberty-Party
Commander of LoL
http://tinyurl.com/MU-L-o-Loki
and 25.xCongrss Member
Profile:http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/3958331

Ursidae Polar
Administrator

Post by Ursidae Polar » 04 May 2013 22:07

There's no reason to give out his real life information.

This happened in a game and should stay in the game. Keep in mind that there are laws against harassing in real life, even though they don't exist in eRep. I'm not defending him, just defending his right to be anonymous in an anonymous game, despite the cruel acts he did.

We PTO'ed ourselves, basically. Lesson learned, the bank and our assets should be kept hidden away in an org and do not publish links to our treasury orgs.

If Bob lived up to his "standard" in real life, he'd give the money back.
But, apparently, his real life moral is a mask for whatever reason to impress others, not his actual view on life.
retired citizen

Endymionis
Honorable Poster

Post by Endymionis » 05 May 2013 09:57

Ursidae Polar wrote:There's no reason to give out his real life information.

This happened in a game and should stay in the game. Keep in mind that there are laws against harassing in real life, even though they don't exist in eRep. I'm not defending him, just defending his right to be anonymous in an anonymous game, despite the cruel acts he did.
I agree that we should follow the law and of course not harass him, but still it is not as simple as in-game, the lcc he embezzled has a high monetary value in RL.
WARNING: He goes only by Endy

ingame profile | wiki page | [url=htt://www.erepublik.com/en/newspaper/korrespondenten-204676/1]newspaper[/url]

skaue
Administrator

Post by skaue » 05 May 2013 20:35

I agree with the Bear. But I have to admit, it is tempting. Especially after looking at his internet traces. Funny thing, his embezzlement with our savings seems to be inspired by one of his main interests (http://www.dagbladet.no/2013/05/04/nyhe ... /26995210/). :lol:

I don't believe the "playing a role" charade. It takes character to not steal from the bank. It takes character to stay loyal and honorable to the team. If the point of the game was to be selfish and play only for yourself, anyone would steal from the bank given the chance. If playing erep was all about playing solo, then I would spend my time elsewhere.

@Endy: I would be surprised if the police even spent 1 single minute on the case.

Right now, I would like to just throw him out of anything related to eNorway, including this forum, but it's not my decision (alone). He betrayed us, all of us, by abusing our favor and steal from the Norwegian community (just like SOS Rasisme, btw).

Tommy Skaue

skaue
Administrator

Post by skaue » 09 May 2013 12:33

Account "damien" has been deactivated until further notice.

Tommy Skaue

Kenneth Viking
Awesome Poster

Post by Kenneth Viking » 10 May 2013 17:47

Jeg har alltid visst at damien var en kødd.
- Gullpartiet veteran
- The 12. eNorwegian president.

Akashaton
Epic Poster

Post by Akashaton » 11 May 2013 19:44

Det var leng siden Kenneth :!: :)
Har du tenkt å spille mere aktivt igjen :?:
Current MoF, PP Free Liberty
Former 4xCP, MoFA, MoD, CoC

Free Liberty:http://tinyurl.com/Free-Liberty-Party
Commander of LoL