No-more-Oil-Stone-Titanium-Houses-and-Moving-TicketS

Everything related to eNorway that does not fit anywhere else.

Topic author
fredrikz
Awesome Poster

No-more-Oil-Stone-Titanium-Houses-and-Moving-TicketS

Post by fredrikz » 24 Nov 2010 10:29

http://forum.erepublik.com/showthread.p ... Industries

"Hello
The oil, stone, titanium, moving tickets and house industries are currently no longer available in the game.

First of all, pretty soon, all the regions will offer a medium production value for all the resources but every region will be rich in one (and only one) resource. The new resources will be: Grain, Fish, Fruit, Veal, Deer, Iron, Aluminum, Oil, Saltpeter, Rubber.

Best Regards,The eRepublik Team

How the productivity will work?

If a country has at least one region rich in Grain, for instance, all the Grain companies from all the regions will get a 25% bonus in productivity. If that country looses the Grain region, all the companies will loose that 25% bonus. The same rule applies for all the raw material companies.

Well, these are our plan for the following 10 days or so. Let us know your thoughts as fast as possible in order for us to improve the concept and communicate the future changes.

How about the food & weapon companies?

All the food companies will get a 5% bonus for every high raw material region that your country has in its possession! The food resources are Grain, Fish, Veal, Fruits and Deer. So if your country has at least one region for every of these resources, the food companies from your country will produce with 25% more! Of course, if your country has only 3 regions with rich resources, the bonus or the food companies will be 15%. the same applies for the weapon companies and the raw materials for the weapons companies are Iron, Aluminum, Oil, Saltpeter and, Rubber.

How about the other industries?

Hospital and Defense System Industries will be removed at a later date and we will pay compensations for these companies.

Moving tickets, Housing, Stone and Titanium Companies will be migrated in a new type of company. We will let you know soon the proposed migrations.

Best Regards,The eRepublik Team"

Yan Hoek
Honorable Poster

Re: No-more-Oil-Stone-Titanium-Houses-and-Moving-TicketS

Post by Yan Hoek » 24 Nov 2010 11:09

Wow... ok...

This is kind of what I suggested should happen like a year ago:

http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/a-b ... 18138/1/20

Basically they are splitting the raws for food and weapons into 5 different parts - (I'm guessing 'veal' is just a bad translation, 'beef' or 'meat' would be better). As all weapons are equal now there is no reason to have iron and titanium. But having 5 different components will shake things up a little.

So the new oil will not equal the old oil, it will become a raw for weapon rather than moving tickets. In fact they will remove moving tickets all together. Presumably this is a tactic to get people moving around more, fighting more and using more weapons/spending more gold.

And I like the fact they are giving the high regions an extra 'country-wide' bonus.

Removing the construction industries is a pretty good move. Houses have become too expensive and useless lately. Hospitals apparently have been lasting only for a few seconds when deployed since the last rule change and defense systems? Are they worth it anyway? Removing all this will free up thousands of citizens from pointless jobs meaning the remaining companies have a new work pool to get employees from. It will also free up a huge amount of gold for countries. (What is Norway's Hospital comp worth?)

Other random thoughts:

1)The raw bonus feature will benefit larger countries more than smaller ones. Expect to see the smaller countries become very aggressive suddenly. (How Uruguay and Singapore are going to cope I don't know).
2) Hopefully this will stop the pointless articles going around saying 'why doesn't my region have high grain/oil/iron - just look at the RL stats'.
3) The way they distribute raws could make things very interesting. We may have to give up the idea of countries as they look now - ie if all Norwegian regions suddenly became high in fish then Sweden and Finland might want to swap some of their original regions for these to pick up the production bonus. 'Renting' out regions could become very lucrative.
Teknokratene 9 x Kongressmann Lt Colonel*
Future President of eNauru Ex-President of Norway
Wiki Historian - http://wiki.erepublik.com/index.php/History_of_Norway

Freke
Administrator

Post by Freke » 24 Nov 2010 13:44

We have both a hospital and a defense systems company - and both are old Q5, so this means a welcome contribution to the national funds.

While I regret that these changes still are showing up more or less over night, I think these ones will make the game better. I will however NOT contribute to a single wiki page until this "game change spree" of the admins calms down :P

Site-admin erepublik.no
22x Member of Congress
4x elected Country President of eNorway
1x partisan Country President of eNorway
1x EDEN PR Organiser
Served as MoPR, MoFA, MoF / Party president of Teknokratene, Sentrum and FRITT NORGE

Topic author
fredrikz
Awesome Poster

Post by fredrikz » 24 Nov 2010 23:59

I think it would be smart to sell out our stocks. U never now how the creators of this game will converte things;)

christopher moe
Honorable Poster

Post by christopher moe » 25 Nov 2010 00:32

where can you buy stocks?

Topic author
fredrikz
Awesome Poster

Post by fredrikz » 25 Nov 2010 10:19

Jeg tenkte på bestandene i selskapene, som feks raws og ferdige items. Stocks er kanskje et dårlig ord for det, men mine engelsk kunnskaper er bare så der. Assets var det jeg egentlig mente;)

Kenneth Viking
Awesome Poster

Post by Kenneth Viking » 25 Nov 2010 10:44

Jeg ville brukt stocks, antallet råvarer bedriften har på lager.
- Gullpartiet veteran
- The 12. eNorwegian president.

christopher moe
Honorable Poster

Post by christopher moe » 25 Nov 2010 22:48

med stocks trodde jeg han mente aksjer :P

Gleder meg litt til denne forandringen kommer. NÃ¥r den kommer tror jeg at jeg starter en bedrift i norge 8-)

Yan Hoek
Honorable Poster

Post by Yan Hoek » 26 Nov 2010 10:04

Yeah, in general I think it will be a good move. Of course there will be a vast number of people out there who will resist it but you can't please everyone all the time.

Personally I am going to try and buy as many cheap raw companies as possible. If every region will get a raw in the future they could suddenly be worth something. (Happy to go halves on some if people are interested!)

GraduallyNevele
Honorable Poster

Post by GraduallyNevele » 26 Nov 2010 23:10

Ffffff, and my moving ticket company was starting to work out, too.

Well, if every region gets some kind of resource, and Norway gets a lot of one type, I'm all for region renting. It'll be prone to Resistance Wars and all that, but we're all so close together, it may not matter as heavily. Sweden and Finland, I'm sure, would approve as well. It can also be used as a way to protect us from Russia/UK, if Nord-Norge and Vestlandet are rented to them.

damien
Traitor of eNorway

Post by damien » 28 Nov 2010 10:37

christopher moe wrote:where can you buy stocks?

Her er erepublik's aksjemarked

http://erx.erepublik.ws/

Yan Hoek
Honorable Poster

Post by Yan Hoek » 30 Nov 2010 13:17

http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/new ... 89434/1/20

Admin are working a bit quicker than expected. (Shame they can't sort out the horrendous newbie multi-gold loophole being exploited at the moment)

Topic author
fredrikz
Awesome Poster

Post by fredrikz » 30 Nov 2010 15:15

Norges regioner ble tildelt følgende high raws:

Nord-Norge: Fish
Ostlandet: Cattle
Sorlandet: Cattle
Svalbard & Jan Mayen: Fish
Trondelag: Oil
Vestlandet(fra 1.1.12):Oil

Norske food companies vil nå få en bonus på 10%(25% er maks)

"Shame they can't sort out the horrendous newbie multi-gold loophole being exploited at the moment"

Yan Hoek
Honorable Poster

Post by Yan Hoek » 30 Nov 2010 15:48

We should ask Sweden if they are willing to give up one of their Deer regions (Jamtland perhaps) for Nord-Norge. That will benefit both of us.

Topic author
fredrikz
Awesome Poster

Post by fredrikz » 30 Nov 2010 16:33

Sant det, men med bare 10% boost i motsetning til andre land som har 25% så vil vi slite hardt når det kommer til food companies.

En annen ting, vi må få i gang både cattle og fish companies asap. Jeg har en del kapital stående men tenker ikke å starte noe før jeg vet hvilke planer andre folk har. Vi burde prøve å koordinere litt hvilke selskaper vi skal starte slik at vi ikke ender opp med 10 fish companies og 1 cattle companie.

Yan Hoek
Honorable Poster

Post by Yan Hoek » 30 Nov 2010 17:13

Cattle (Ost or Sor) + Fish (NN or Svalbard) + Deer (Jamt) = 15% bonus. A lot of countries are going to struggle to get more than 15% so hopefully we won't suffer too much.

Our current grain imports are quite cheap (joint 11th in world at time of writing). And while I wouldn't stop anyone starting one, it is quite possible we don't need our own cattle and fish companies.

Another thing I've noticed today is that companies no longer have a home region. Either Admin have done this temporarily to hide home regions and stop massive speculation on the company markets or it is permanent. This may mean companies are tied to the country they are in rather than the region. That will mean all those Oil companies in Vestlandet would remain in Finland even if we took the region back. :o

Topic author
fredrikz
Awesome Poster

Post by fredrikz » 30 Nov 2010 18:44

I think we should try to make our own goods so we dont pour to much money out of our country;)

Anyone know what kind of resources a food companie wil need? Will it need a combination of the resources or just one of them?

GraduallyNevele
Honorable Poster

Post by GraduallyNevele » 30 Nov 2010 19:13

Sweden also has two iron tucked safely inland, Gotaland and Norrland/Sameland. The second is their capital, though, which I doubt they'd give up, but maybe look for a trade/rent for Gotaland, as well? Iron could spark some weapon industries along with our oil.

plasmakp
Horrible Poster

Post by plasmakp » 30 Nov 2010 20:03

fredrikz wrote:I think we should try to make our own goods so we dont pour to much money out of our country;)

Anyone know what kind of resources a food companie wil need? Will it need a combination of the resources or just one of them?
Fish, Cattle, Deer, Grain, Fruits - 25% ;)

I think we should rent out the double high regions, and rent new - maybe Deer from Sweden, Iron or Aluminum from Finland. So our government have to talk about it ;)

efjeldse
Honorable Poster

Post by efjeldse » 30 Nov 2010 20:10

Norge bør ha en region som er rik på olje også. Det er litt av røttene våre :)