Nordic Alliance vote - posts moved

Spam and Stuff not related to eRep.
Post Reply
Thanduril
Steady Poster
Posts: 81
Joined: 26 Jun 2012 00:05
Location: Bodø, Nordland, Norway

Nordic Alliance vote - posts moved

Post by Thanduril » 14 Aug 2012 22:47

taulen wrote:Wtf moedav ? Are you just plain stupid, or just fucking stupid. oh lord
I don't think you should turn to harrassment because another player has a different opinion than you on a subject. Even though you might feel the way you commented it is something you shouldn't post as everybody is entitled to own opinions on matters. But hey this is just my opinion. Just wanted to say it.

User avatar
taulen
Administrator
Posts: 1245
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 19:51

Re: [VOTE][24h] Join Nordic Alliance

Post by taulen » 14 Aug 2012 23:38

And that was just my opinion, and it isnt harassment. When he is stating something as a fact, and at the same time is COMPLETELY WRONG, I have the right to point it out.

Thanduril
Steady Poster
Posts: 81
Joined: 26 Jun 2012 00:05
Location: Bodø, Nordland, Norway

Re: [VOTE][24h] Join Nordic Alliance

Post by Thanduril » 14 Aug 2012 23:52

So namecalling is not a sort of harassment? And he is entitled to being "wrong" as you say, because you believe the opposite of him. It would be like me saying that you were stupid if you thought Real Madrid was a better team than Barcelona. I would disagree with you, but at the same time you are allowed to have that "wrongful" opinion :p

Thanduril
Steady Poster
Posts: 81
Joined: 26 Jun 2012 00:05
Location: Bodø, Nordland, Norway

Re: [VOTE][24h] Join Nordic Alliance

Post by Thanduril » 15 Aug 2012 00:00

Wow, all I was trying to get forth is that you should write in a more polite matter as swearing is a method used by people with lower verbal and written skills for a lack of better ways to demonstrate their own points.

User avatar
taulen
Administrator
Posts: 1245
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 19:51

Re: [VOTE][24h] Join Nordic Alliance

Post by taulen » 15 Aug 2012 00:04

hah, and there you had no comeback. Good going ! I love it ! :D

Thanduril
Steady Poster
Posts: 81
Joined: 26 Jun 2012 00:05
Location: Bodø, Nordland, Norway

Re: [VOTE][24h] Join Nordic Alliance

Post by Thanduril » 15 Aug 2012 00:05

Instead of calling someone stupid or wrong you could put forth the facts that you mean are essential to get your opinion through. Perhaps when you/if you had put forth some facts that would prove you are right then moedav might have said "Aha, I didn't know that. That changes everything". You could have turned him around instead of flaunting profanities which surely wont help.

Intelligent conversation without the use of namecalling is the way to have an argument. By saying "You are fucking stupid" and "wrong" you are denying the person his ability to have an argument.
Last edited by Thanduril on 15 Aug 2012 00:07, edited 1 time in total.

Thanduril
Steady Poster
Posts: 81
Joined: 26 Jun 2012 00:05
Location: Bodø, Nordland, Norway

Re: [VOTE][24h] Join Nordic Alliance

Post by Thanduril » 15 Aug 2012 00:09

But remember. I never said you were wrong taulen. I just said it would be better if you had tried a different approach on the matter.

User avatar
taulen
Administrator
Posts: 1245
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 19:51

Re: [VOTE][24h] Join Nordic Alliance

Post by taulen » 15 Aug 2012 00:14

Thanduril wrote: Even though you might feel the way you commented it is something you shouldn't post as everybody is entitled to own opinions on matters.
Thanduril wrote:And he is entitled to being "wrong" as you say, because you believe the opposite of him. It would be like me saying that you were stupid if you thought Real Madrid was a better team than Barcelona. I would disagree with you, but at the same time you are allowed to have that "wrongful" opinion :p
Thanduril wrote:But remember. I never said you were wrong taulen. I just said it would be better if you had tried a different approach on the matter.
Yes, You DID say I was wrong in the sense that you said it was an opinion instead of a fact. So dont try saying anything else.

Thanduril
Steady Poster
Posts: 81
Joined: 26 Jun 2012 00:05
Location: Bodø, Nordland, Norway

Re: [VOTE][24h] Join Nordic Alliance

Post by Thanduril » 15 Aug 2012 00:26

Ah, but my friend. How could I have known that moedav was "fucking stupid"? Is that a fact or a persons opinion? In this case that is your opinion. If you had laid forth the facts, links to discussions, articles, forums and so on. You would have proven your fact. My point being that you hurt your own credibility by name-calling people no matter if they are wrong or right. No matter if they are lying or telling the truth. As said before another approach on moedavs statement would have been better, for instance "moeadv, I must say that by saying EDEN does not priority Norway is wrong. Here let me explain..." I think you will get the picture I'm trying to paint.

User avatar
taulen
Administrator
Posts: 1245
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 19:51

Re: [VOTE][24h] Join Nordic Alliance

Post by taulen » 15 Aug 2012 00:30

Hahah, of course I get the "picture youre trying to paint", but why should I have to explain it to someone in congress when they already should have all the needed information in an so important vote and matter of subject, This is our fucking futere, and when you and moedav is so clearly stating that you have no fucking clue, I see no point in trying to help you understand, ALL the information needed is available on this forum. If you haven o interest in making the "right" and "correct" descision for your country, why the hell are you guys in the congress in the first place, thats what is making my head spin around like a fuckign carousel.
Last edited by taulen on 15 Aug 2012 00:51, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ursidae Polar
Administrator
Posts: 609
Joined: 29 Nov 2011 22:26

Re: Nordic Alliance vote - posts moved

Post by Ursidae Polar » 15 Aug 2012 00:40

now moved away from the vote topic: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=3771
retired citizen

Thanduril
Steady Poster
Posts: 81
Joined: 26 Jun 2012 00:05
Location: Bodø, Nordland, Norway

Re: [VOTE][24h] Join Nordic Alliance

Post by Thanduril » 15 Aug 2012 00:41

It was not the matter of the subject I was discussing. I just wanted some acknowledgment from your side that calling someone "fucking stupid" is disrespectful, and that you perhaps would have put it another way. You don't even need to play the game to know that name-calling is no way of behaving, even though I fully understand you have strong opinions about staying with EDEN. I will not discuss it anymore as I know I am right in what I am saying. (About the name-calling incident)

User avatar
taulen
Administrator
Posts: 1245
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 19:51

Re: [VOTE][24h] Join Nordic Alliance

Post by taulen » 15 Aug 2012 00:48

Thanduril wrote:It was not the matter of the subject I was discussing. I just wanted some acknowledgment from your side that calling someone "fucking stupid" is disrespectful, and that you perhaps would have put it another way. You don't even need to play the game to know that name-calling is no way of behaving, even though I fully understand you have strong opinions about staying with EDEN. I will not discuss it anymore as I know I am right in what I am saying. (About the name-calling incident)
But what you did was infact in the end saying something on the subject, when you said straight out that my fact about ours and edens history was just an opinion, and not what is was, infact a FACT.
I dont care what you or others think about namecalling, thats why I havent commented on any of your posts about that, until now, and so fucking what? I can call anybody whatever the fucking I want, and why should I care what you or anyone else think about that ? When someone is so fucking obviously wrong, I see no point in sugarcoting it, Iæm not here for the politics, I'm here JUST for doing what is best for the fucking country, and leaving EDEN and joning a NordicAlliance were we cant trust more than 1 of the other parties included is something of the dumbest shit ever discussed on this forum.
And that was all !

Thanduril
Steady Poster
Posts: 81
Joined: 26 Jun 2012 00:05
Location: Bodø, Nordland, Norway

Re: Nordic Alliance vote - posts moved

Post by Thanduril » 15 Aug 2012 01:04

You twist and turn my point to make yourself look less of a fool. Feel free to rage on, but make sure to take some acid cooling tablets. Attacking someone who is trying to tranquilize the "name-calling" is not the way to behave. Feel free to apologise to me and moedav at anytime. To me for attacking my person for trying to give you an option to row out of the name-calling thing, and to moedav for calling him "fucking stupid" which is something you shouldn't say to anybody as it is not really socially acceptable. By apologising you would show that you are a better man, it wont lessen the point you are trying to make.

Have you no manners?

User avatar
taulen
Administrator
Posts: 1245
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 19:51

Re: Nordic Alliance vote - posts moved

Post by taulen » 15 Aug 2012 01:23

Hah, in your eyes I obviously dont have manners, and I'm sorry for that. But I'm not sorry for calling someone fucking stupid, when they obviously dont have the willpower to do a tiny bit of research before deciding eNorway future.
Buy yeah, read this and make up your own mind : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mt8 ... meYc4/edit

User avatar
Stakerauo
Epic Poster
Posts: 1369
Joined: 11 Jul 2011 02:05
Location: Bodø, Nordland, Norway

Re: Nordic Alliance vote - posts moved

Post by Stakerauo » 15 Aug 2012 01:46

Wait!
What are we talking about? This thread sort of starts strangly!
I only regret that I have but one life to give for my country.

User avatar
taulen
Administrator
Posts: 1245
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 19:51

Re: Nordic Alliance vote - posts moved

Post by taulen » 15 Aug 2012 01:48

tahts because ursidae snipped it from the nordic alliance vote in congress.

Thanduril
Steady Poster
Posts: 81
Joined: 26 Jun 2012 00:05
Location: Bodø, Nordland, Norway

Re: Nordic Alliance vote - posts moved

Post by Thanduril » 15 Aug 2012 16:19

Thanks taulen! That document made it much clearer !

User avatar
taulen
Administrator
Posts: 1245
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 19:51

Re: Nordic Alliance vote - posts moved

Post by taulen » 15 Aug 2012 16:44

Fantastic, glad to be of some help !
And yes, I agree with what you wrote in the other thread. An Nordic alliance COULD be a good thing, but the way it have been rushed into, we have no treaty, not a single fact about what we are going to do, or what our plan is, is unreasonable. So yeah, the way it is atm, I see no good reason for joning a Nordic Alliance.

Post Reply