Music taste

Spam and Stuff not related to eRep.
Salve
Awesome Poster

Re: Music taste

Post by Salve » 29 Jan 2009 00:56

Alright got my Last.fm set up =)

http://www.last.fm/user/Salve_ea

I don't have hardly anything on it yet, but there's an idea of my tastes.

-*-*-*-=:=:Alt for Norge:=:=-*-*-*-

KristofferAG
Epic Poster

Post by KristofferAG » 29 Jan 2009 00:58

Your musical compatibility with Salve_ea is Very High

Music you have in common includes Dimmu Borgir, Pantera, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Rage Against the Machine and Deftones.

I find that weird, as you only have two tracks by MSI tracked.
Never back for good.
Teknokratene, alltid.

2-Click

Salve
Awesome Poster

Post by Salve » 29 Jan 2009 01:16

To be honest I don't have the faintest clue what I'm doing yet. MSI was the first one I tried to listen too, and two of the 3 songs I listened to went onto my playlist but not the other one. I've listened to a couple other bands so far and nothing has shown up on the track list. I'm sure I clicked something different on those two tracks, but I haven't figured out what yet. :lol:

-*-*-*-=:=:Alt for Norge:=:=-*-*-*-

KristofferAG
Epic Poster

Post by KristofferAG » 29 Jan 2009 10:01

As long as you have the last.fm program running, you should have them tracked. I don't know why yours isnt tracked.
Never back for good.
Teknokratene, alltid.

2-Click

heivoll
Honorable Poster

Post by heivoll » 29 Jan 2009 17:20

I've been through several phases regarding music taste. Most of what I listen to today is from the 60's and 70's (Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Cream, Jefferson Airplane, Country Joe McDonald, AC/DC etc etc), but I tolerate more or less every genre except for very hardcore metal and trance.

Btw, anyone else going to see AC/DC on their tour this year?
Teknokratene, representin'

Pusur1993
Honorable Poster

Post by Pusur1993 » 29 Jan 2009 17:42

I am going to miss both the AC/DC and the Metallica concert. Why do everything have to be in Oslo? :/

heivoll
Honorable Poster

Post by heivoll » 29 Jan 2009 17:45

Ouch, that sucks. I'm going to AC/DC in London though, not Oslo. If I ever receive my eBay-bought tickets, that is.

heivoll
Honorable Poster

Post by heivoll » 29 Jan 2009 18:13

Please excuse me for my double posting, but do any of you use Spotify? Absolutely geeenius, best thing that's happened to my music listening in years. If you haven't heard of it: Spotify is a music streaming program where you can search and directly listen to millions(?) of songs. It's free with a few audio adverts now and then, or you can buy premium membership for 99 kr / month. Let me know if you want an invite.

Oh, and edit to my first post: I also play acoustic guitar. Mostly play blues, rock and folk. Do any of you play any musical instruments?

Pusur1993
Honorable Poster

Post by Pusur1993 » 29 Jan 2009 18:56

Spotify is the greatest. The record companies are not. If you haven't heard, check this out: http://www.dagbladet.no/2009/01/29/kult ... n/4595631/

I do play guitar, but I am at a most embarrassing level.

heivoll
Honorable Poster

Post by heivoll » 29 Jan 2009 20:33

I know they've removed songs, but hasn't had any impact for me, all my playlists have stayed the same. Still loving it ;)

Pusur1993
Honorable Poster

Post by Pusur1993 » 29 Jan 2009 20:38

Too bad Spotify doesn't have Metallica, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin and AC/DC.

Dolf
Administrator

Post by Dolf » 29 Jan 2009 20:49

Here is my spotify playlist =D
spotify:user:dolf:playlist:3dcnicmB0OnK0SdBIaw9Sc
Oddgeir ingame
Administrator erepublik.no

KristofferAG
Epic Poster

Post by KristofferAG » 01 Feb 2009 15:49

Nah, I don't use Spotify. I could get an invite a few months back, but I never saw the need.

Also, I'm not going to AC/DC. I'm not sure I want to. Same with Metallica.
I mean, come on. Black Ice? It's AC/DC, all right, but there's something lacking. I just... found it really boring. Metallica? St. Anger sucked, Death Magnetic sucked.
Never back for good.
Teknokratene, alltid.

2-Click

heivoll
Honorable Poster

Post by heivoll » 01 Feb 2009 20:55

I never thought I needed Spotify either, but I haven't opened (or downloaded) an mp3-file in two weeks, and it feels good ;)

Regarding AC/DC I see your point. But just to see AC/DC live it's worth it even though the new album isn't the best. I mean, it's not like they're only going to play the new stuff anyway. I bet the atmosphere at O2 stadium during Back In Black will be well worth it!

KristofferAG
Epic Poster

Post by KristofferAG » 01 Feb 2009 23:32

Yeah. Well, I find their style a little simple, either way. It's easy and fun listening, and their legends, without a doubt. I just grew tired of them. You can hear it pretty muche verywhere. Kids think they're really hardcore if they listen to some AC/DC.
Never back for good.
Teknokratene, alltid.

2-Click

heivoll
Honorable Poster

Post by heivoll » 02 Feb 2009 00:04

Pffft, you can say that about a lot of music, but AC/DC, especially in the early years, was something different, and they have energy enough to rock the shit out of you. Of course you can't really discuss music taste that way. To be claiming to be "hardcore" for listening to them would be shooting yourself in the foot though, as at least half their audience will be 35-50 year olds.

Btw, one of the best concerts I've been to was The Who @ Quart 07, and I'm not really a fan of more than a few songs they've recorded.

KristofferAG
Epic Poster

Post by KristofferAG » 02 Feb 2009 14:31

I never said that AC/DC can't get anyone pumped. It's just not hard. Not that they claim to be very hard. I can imagine that a concert with them would be awesome, no matter what.
Never back for good.
Teknokratene, alltid.

2-Click

Josh Mahurin
Horrible Poster

Post by Josh Mahurin » 13 Mar 2009 07:50

I am very open and like all music that is good :P if that isn't too vague. My favorite band is Rage Against the Machine but I can listen to anything it doesn't have to be heavy political metal-rap. I LOVE jazz and orchestra, Mozart is amazing, and also punk, ska, reggae, funk, soul, oldies hip-hop (rap whatever you wanna call it), classic rock, indie, seriously anything as long as it doesn't suck, which I realize can be anyone since its purely opinion, but I'm willing to bet I can find at least one song from every genre I like.

Also I play the drums but I don't consider myself that talented and I know how to play guitar and bass from watching friends and trying to play songs from tabs but I've not spent any time trying to actually get good at them.
Ambassador from Greece
Congressman of Greece

Euronymous
Steady Poster

Post by Euronymous » 26 Mar 2009 14:25

I have read a few posts and I see that most of the ppl listen to rock and/or metal. That's a good thing cos we'll get together just fine. So here's what I listen to: MayheM, Darkthrone (only albums till 2004), Dimmu Borgir, Immortal (old albums), Satyricon, Burzum (allthou I hate Varg -those who know the story and take a look at my nickname understand why-) and some other Black Metal bands from Norway and outside Norway. Even thou I'm a Black Metal Maniac I do listen to some other Metal genres like Trash (Metallica), Heavy Metal (Iron Maiden, Manowar), Old School Rock (Queen and stuff like that).

KristofferAG
Epic Poster

Post by KristofferAG » 23 May 2009 19:17

Fordi rock e best på dialekt!

http://www.jakobhaakonband.com/
Jakob Haakon Band. Elever fra VG3 ved Stavanger Katedralskole. Dette er punkrock på sitt beste. Herlige, ofte humoristiske tekster, og alt synges på dialekt.
De har for tiden kun to sanger ut.
Provoserande fine
Oberst
Never back for good.
Teknokratene, alltid.

2-Click